Thursday, August 25, 2011

Simplify

After having a few conversations with other artist friends, I think that I'm going to stop updating, posting and generally spending any energy or time with social media. I'm keeping my twitter account for a while- but going to slowly get away from all of it- facebook included. I have little to no time to actually respond to my own emails, let alone the thousands of messages and comments on facebook, etc. it's just not worth the energy and I just want to relax, paint and tattoo. Other people's bullshit doesn't concern me and I really don't want to even acknowledge it's rampant sewage that spews in our face and behind our backs.

I work, have fun with my friends, that's it.

So-
I will be spending most of my online energy updating only my personal website, the studio website and this blog.
Thanks for the support.
http://www.sdbarber.com
http://www.memoirtattoo.com>

1 Comments:

Blogger P Tinkler said...

I could not agree more, and judging by your output of work, I am greatly surprised that you would have gotten involved in such wastefulness in the first place. Too many people have too much to say, and Twitter and its ilk only compound this. Where do people find the time for it all anyway? Painting solely on its own is a lifetimes worth of serious dedication. Reaching a stage of mild respectability (which I have still not reached incidentally) in your chosen art form takes years and years of hard work. Even with that one endeavor, then there is the plethora of great novels, writings, and biographies that add depth and knowledge to your intellect (which can in turn broaden your ideas in your art). Coupled with the many hours of quality time spent with loved ones, who always know when to rein you in, inspire you, and push you in the right directions when you inevitably stray. If people were less obsessed with creating a false perception of how they want other people to view them through all this hollow Facebook and Twitter shite, and actually engaged instead in some of the things mentioned above (art/painting can be easily substituted with any creative endeavor or any career in which you strive to be as good as you can), then our society would be a more mature one because of it.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home